I got these headphones (in Snow Blue) about a week and a half ago as a birthday present from my family. It costs approx. $53 CAD on Amazon when I got it (the price of it is subject to change) and on the Urbanears website, it costs $69 CAD ($49 USD). I was looking for headphones/earphones in this post, and I decided on getting these Urbanears Platten 2 headphones. I was looking for a number of things, and here’s how this pair of headphones ranked in my opinion:
- Sound Quality
I was looking something that made the bass sound great, since I love hearing the bass in most of the songs. These headphones did not disappoint at all. The bass sounds amazing, however, it’s actually a little overpowering. This can be easily fixed through sound settings on your phone/computer. I’m not an expert in sound quality, but these headphones make listening to all the songs I listen to a good experience (pop songs, chillstep, violin covers, electric music).
- Stays in your ear (even when running)
Obviously, this is for earphones, but these headphones don’t fall off easily when I exercise either, so they’re great for going on runs. The only downside is, like most other headphones, they’re slightly noise cancelling (not fully noise cancelling like beats) but be careful – it can be dangerous when you’re outside and cannot hear your surroundings.
*These headphones are on-ear headphones, which mean they do not cover your ear entirely*
In addition, these headphones can get a little tight after wearing them for about half an hour. You can make them a little looser by holding the top of the headphones and bending it outwards.
- Has a microphone
This pair of headphones comes with a microphone and a single button (not shown in the picture, but pressing the button once will pause the song, pressing it twice will skip the song [only works on phones]). However, this microphone is not loud at all, and when I join Discord calls, my voice is barely audible to the other people in the call.
- Good quality
As mentioned earlier, I have only had these earphones for about a week and a half and cannot say for certain they will last for a few years. However, the material feels like good quality material. An amazing upside to this product is that the wire is made of string, so the ends of each side of the wire will not break easily.
- These headphones have a really cool feature where the wire can be plugged in either the right or left ear, so the wire won’t be going across your face when in use. This means there will always be one side that isn’t plugged in, meaning another pair of earphones/headphones can be plugged into that side so you and your friends can all listen to music from one device without sharing earphones! Honestly, it is quite useless and I have never used it, but it still is a cool feature.
- These headphones can be very compact – easy to travel with because of the little amount of space it takes up.
- The top of the headphones is made of fabric, making it super comfortable on the head.
- Both earpads can be slid up and down to match your headsize and make it super comfortable.
- The overall design of it is very plain and simple, which I love. The brand name is not plastered all over the design.
- Approx. $50 for these headphones were such an amazing deal, and in my opinion, it is definitely worth the money.
- These headphones come in 12 different colours. There wasn’t a picture I could find that included all 12 colours. Here’s the link to the website where you can look through all the colours though.
- It came with a poster and a sticker. Didn’t use either of those 2 things for anything, but it was pretty cool
Overall, I would definitely recommend these headphones to anyone who isn’t an extreme critic when it comes to sound quality. They’re convenient, comfortable and pretty good for most genres of music except classical.